Car accidents that result in minor injuries or little to no damage may not require a lawyer. An example is when two cars back into each other at low speeds in a parking garage. The matter can be resolved by going through your insurance company. However, there are many different situations in which you may need a car accident attorney, including the following:
• The crash caused serious injuries or death
• You are unable to work because of your injuries and require ongoing treatment
• The car accident involved an uninsured driver
• Multiple parties were involved in the car accident
• Someone else’s actions contributed to the crash
• A lot of time has passed since the collision
You should also consult a car accident lawyer if you are unsure of your rights or are having issues negotiating with your insurance company. Obtaining compensation after getting hurt in a crash is not always straightforward.
Even when you are not filing a lawsuit against another driver, you may need a car accident attorney to step in and help you. For instance, your own insurance company may try to minimize the extent of your injuries.
Many car accident lawyers, including Briskman Briskman & Greenberg, provide a free initial consultation. Speaking to an attorney is in your best interests to protect your legal rights. It also increases your chances of receiving maximum compensation for your car accident injuries.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Can I Recover Compensation For My Injuries If I Was Partially At Fault For Causing An Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run?
- How Long After A Car Accident Do Injuries Appear?
- How Much Insurance Coverage Do I Need In Illinois?
- How Much Time Do I have To File A Claim For My Car Accident?
- Should I Accept an Insurance Company’s Settlement Offer After a Car Accident?
- What Are The Most Important Steps To Take After A Car Accident?
- What Can I Get For My Neck Injury From My Car Accident?
- What Documents Do I Need To Show As Evidence?
- What Injuries Can A Car Accident Cause?
- What Options Do I Have After Being Injured In A Car Accident?
- What Should I Look For in a Car Accident Lawyer?
- What Should You Do After A Car Accident With An Injury?
- What Types Of Damages Can A Person Claim?
- When Do I Need An Attorney For Car Accident Injuries?
- Who Can Be Held Responsible For a Car Accident?