What Documents Do I Need To Show As Evidence?
When filing a personal injury claim, it is vital to have strong evidence that shows what damages you suffered. The following documents are important for building your car accident claim and proving that the other party was at fault:
• Police reports: Officers who arrive at the accident scene will create a report that will include important information about the crash, including the weather conditions, location and contact details for all parties involved.
• Medical records and bills: Hold on to all your receipts for medical expenses such as medications, crutches or hospital stays. Medical records will show whether you got treatment after the crash, as well as the extent of your injuries.
• Traffic tickets: In some cases, drivers involved in a car accident will receive traffic tickets for drunk driving, speeding, texting or other unsafe driving behaviors.
• Photos: Photos can be powerful as they document physical evidence at the scene of the accident. Using different angles, take photos of your injuries, clothing, surroundings, road conditions and vehicle damage.
• Pay records: Your pay stubs can help document the wage losses you suffered because of your injuries, as well as the potential earnings you could lose in the future.
• Information exchanged at the scene: You should obtain the name, phone number, email, driver’s license and insurance details of everyone involved in the crash. Keep the information in a safe place.
In addition to the above documents, there are other forms of evidence a car accident lawyer can help you gather to build your case. Your attorney will know what evidence to present in court or when negotiating with insurance companies.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Can I Recover Compensation For My Injuries If I Was Partially At Fault For Causing An Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run?
- How Long After A Car Accident Do Injuries Appear?
- How Much Insurance Coverage Do I Need In Illinois?
- How Much Time Do I have To File A Claim For My Car Accident?
- Should I Accept an Insurance Company’s Settlement Offer After a Car Accident?
- What Are The Most Important Steps To Take After A Car Accident?
- What Can I Get For My Neck Injury From My Car Accident?
- What Documents Do I Need To Show As Evidence?
- What Injuries Can A Car Accident Cause?
- What Options Do I Have After Being Injured In A Car Accident?
- What Should I Look For in a Car Accident Lawyer?
- What Should You Do After A Car Accident With An Injury?
- What Types Of Damages Can A Person Claim?
- When Do I Need An Attorney For Car Accident Injuries?
- Who Can Be Held Responsible For a Car Accident?