Your health and safety should be the priority in the aftermath of a car accident. Call 911 if there are serious injuries that require emergency medical treatment. If you are severely injured, ask another driver or bystander to help you make the call.
Contact the police and stay at the scene of the crash until they arrive. Ask for a police report to help establish fault for the car accident and document important details.
Exchange information with the other driver involved in the collision, including name, contact details, insurance company and policy number. Be careful not to discuss matters of fault with anyone as your statements could be used against you later.
If you can, gather evidence at the scene, including photos of your injuries, vehicle damage and road conditions. You can also get the contact details of any witnesses who saw your car accident.
When a car accident results in injuries, it is essential to follow up with your doctor in the days after the crash. Be sure to seek medical treatment as soon as possible, even if your injuries appear to be minor. Doing so will provide you with medical records that will help support your car accident claim.
Speak to an experienced Chicago car accident lawyer to learn about the possibility of obtaining compensation for your injuries. The attorney will advise you about your legal rights and how to communicate with your insurance company.
Briskman Briskman & Greenberg is dedicated to helping car accident victims. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Can I Recover Compensation For My Injuries If I Was Partially At Fault For Causing An Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run?
- How Long After A Car Accident Do Injuries Appear?
- How Much Insurance Coverage Do I Need In Illinois?
- How Much Time Do I have To File A Claim For My Car Accident?
- Should I Accept an Insurance Company’s Settlement Offer After a Car Accident?
- What Are The Most Important Steps To Take After A Car Accident?
- What Can I Get For My Neck Injury From My Car Accident?
- What Documents Do I Need To Show As Evidence?
- What Injuries Can A Car Accident Cause?
- What Options Do I Have After Being Injured In A Car Accident?
- What Should I Look For in a Car Accident Lawyer?
- What Should You Do After A Car Accident With An Injury?
- What Types Of Damages Can A Person Claim?
- When Do I Need An Attorney For Car Accident Injuries?
- Who Can Be Held Responsible For a Car Accident?