What Breed of Dog Bites the Most?
Although any dog has the potential to act aggressively, certain breeds are known to be especially dangerous. Pit bulls and Rottweilers have consistently been identified as dog breeds that are most likely to bite. They have been known to cause serious injuries and even fatal attacks.
Pit bulls and Rottweilers have aggressive behavioral tendencies and can act territorial. While pit bulls have been bred to fight, Rottweilers were bred to hunt prey and herd animals.
Other dog breeds that can pose a high risk of bites include German Shepherds, terriers, bulldogs, mastiffs, huskies and mixed breeds. Factors such as a dog’s training, history of mistreatment and level of socialization can also play a role in their likelihood of biting someone.
Remember, even dogs that have never shown hostile tendencies may bite, regardless of their breed. Gentle dogs can also attack if provoked.
In Illinois, it does not matter whether a person’s dog bite came from a dangerous breed, such as a pit bull or Rottweiler. Dog owners are entirely liable any time their pets cause injuries.
At Briskman Briskman & Greenberg, our experienced and compassionate dog bite attorneys can work with you to recover compensation for your injuries. We can help you hold dog owners accountable for the harm their pets caused.
Other Dog Bite FAQs:
- Can the Post Office Refuse to Deliver Mail Because of a Dog?
- How Do Dogs React to Repellant?
- How Many Dog Bites Occur In The US?
- How to Prevent a Dog Bite?
- How to Treat Dog Bites?
- My Child Got Bitten By A Dog; What Are My Next Steps?
- What Breed of Dog Bites the Most?
- What Can I File if I Was Bitten by a Dog During My Delivery?
- What Evidence Is Needed For A Dog Bite Lawsuit?
- What Is Dog Repellant?
- What Is The Total Cost For A Dog Bite Lawyer?
- What Should Letter Carriers Know About Dogs?
- What Should Pet Owners Do Before a USPS Worker Delivers the Mail?
- What to Do If Someone’s Dog Bites You?
- When Should Dog Repellant Be Used?
- Where Should I Discard Dog Repellant?
- Which Cities Have the Most Dog Bites?
- Who Do You Contact After A Dog Bite?
- Why Is Dog Repellant Necessary?