If you have suffered a dog bite, you should contact an experienced dog bite lawyer as soon as possible. Your injuries are likely to result in expensive medical bills, time off work and other disruptions to your life. An attorney can help you get compensation for all your dog bite-related costs and hold the dog owner accountable.
Under Illinois law, dog owners are fully responsible any time their pet bites someone. A dog bite attorney can help you figure out if legal action makes sense in your case, as well as what type of damages you are eligible to receive.
Recovering compensation is not always straightforward, as it involves dealing with insurance companies and gathering evidence, such as a dog’s history of attacks. If you decide to move forward with a dog bite claim, your lawyer will establish the dog owner’s liability and investigate what happened during your attack.
Working with a skilled dog bite lawyer gives you a higher chance of obtaining damages while allowing you to focus on recovering from your injuries. Briskman Briskman & Greenberg provides quality legal representation to dog bite victims in Chicago and throughout Illinois. Our dog bite attorneys can help you understand your rights and provide legal assistance in pursuing compensation.
Other Dog Bite FAQs:
- Can the Post Office Refuse to Deliver Mail Because of a Dog?
- How to Prevent a Dog Bite?
- How to Treat Dog Bites?
- What Breed of Dog Bites the Most?
- What Can I File if I Was Bitten by a Dog During My Delivery?
- What Should Letter Carriers Know About Dogs?
- What Should Pet Owners Do Before a USPS Worker Delivers the Mail?
- What to Do If Someone’s Dog Bites You?
- Which Cities Have the Most Dog Bites?
- Who Do You Contact After A Dog Bite?