If you suffered a dog bite, you may be wondering how much your case is worth. The cost for a dog bite lawyer varies depending on the circumstances of your dog attack. Every dog bite case is different and requires a careful evaluation of the relevant facts and laws.
Illinois does not have a damage cap for personal injury cases, including dog attacks. While the amount you can recover varies, common types of compensation available in a dog bite claim include:
• Past and future medical bills
• Lost earnings
• Emotional distress
• Pain and suffering
Discussing your situation with a dog bite lawyer can give you an idea of the recovery and costs to expect when filing a lawsuit. At Briskman Briskman & Greenberg, we believe any damages you receive must take into account the full extent of the losses that arise from your dog attack injuries, such as rehabilitation costs, disfigurement and future time off work.
Our Chicago dog bite attorneys are dedicated to maximizing the value of your claim and getting you the best settlement possible. Because we handle dog bite cases on a contingency fee basis, you do not have to pay any legal costs unless our lawyers are successful in getting compensation in your case.
To give you an idea of how widely financial recovery and costs can vary in a dog bite claim, in past cases, we have obtained $100,000 for a 6-year-old girl who was attacked by her friend’s dog and $700,000 for an injured pet store employee. Once we hear the details of your situation, our dog bite lawyers can give you a realistic idea of what to expect.
If you or a loved one was injured due to a dog bite, we welcome you to contact Briskman Briskman & Greenberg for a free initial consultation regarding your legal rights and options for recovery. Our goal is to help you get your life back on track after a distressing dog attack.
Other Dog Bite FAQs:
- Can the Post Office Refuse to Deliver Mail Because of a Dog?
- How Do Dogs React to Repellant?
- How Many Dog Bites Occur In The US?
- How to Prevent a Dog Bite?
- How to Treat Dog Bites?
- My Child Got Bitten By A Dog; What Are My Next Steps?
- What Breed of Dog Bites the Most?
- What Can I File if I Was Bitten by a Dog During My Delivery?
- What Evidence Is Needed For A Dog Bite Lawsuit?
- What Is Dog Repellant?
- What Is The Total Cost For A Dog Bite Lawyer?
- What Should Letter Carriers Know About Dogs?
- What Should Pet Owners Do Before a USPS Worker Delivers the Mail?
- What to Do If Someone’s Dog Bites You?
- When Should Dog Repellant Be Used?
- Where Should I Discard Dog Repellant?
- Which Cities Have the Most Dog Bites?
- Who Do You Contact After A Dog Bite?
- Why Is Dog Repellant Necessary?