Injured by a Pharmacist’s prescription or medication dispensing error in Chicago or a Surrounding Area? Talk to one of our lawyers today.
We Serve Clients throughout Cook County, Lake County and Will County
When you are prescribed a prescription medication to treat an illness or injury, you expect it to be safe. Certainly minor side effects are possible, but overall, you have faith in the competency of the pharmaceutical manufacturer, your health care professional and the pharmacist dispensing the medication.
We recognize the costs of a medication error, both financially and personally. Our attorneys are ready to help you secure the full and fair compensation you deserve following an act of pharmaceutical negligence. Contact us to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case. We represent clients throughout Chicagoland, including the cities of Joliet, Waukegan and Zion, and the counties of Cook, Lake and Will.
Unfortunately, medication and pharmaceutical errors are more common than most people think. Those tasked with creating, prescribing and administering your medication are not infallible. Prescription error or pharmacy mistake can lead to serious health consequences.
Investigating the Facts Behind Pharmacy Errors and Pharmaceutical Negligence
Medication errors can occur in many different settings — hospitals, clinics, long-term care facilities, pharmacies. All too frequently, patients are given the wrong medication or the wrong dose, which leads to serious and sometimes permanent health conditions.
The lawyers at our firm work to hold health care facilities, pharmacies and individuals accountable for their costly medication errors. Together with our roster of industry experts, we thoroughly investigate what took place and the extent of damage it caused to you, our client. We then decide on a fair amount of compensation for the expenses and pain and suffering you’ve endured.
Common Causes of Medication Errors
There are many reasons behind prescription errors. Our firm has achieved success on behalf of clients who were given an incorrect medication or dose resulting from:
- Incomplete patient information: lack of knowledge about a patient’s allergies, other medicines they are taking, previous diagnoses or test results
- Miscommunication of drug orders: poor handwriting, confusion between drugs with similar names, misplacement of zeroes or decimal points, confusion of metric and other dosing units or inaccurate abbreviations
- Incorrect labeling: drugs are prepared and repackaged into smaller units without proper relabeling
- Distraction: inattentiveness of medical professionals who dispense or prescribe drugs
No Fee Unless You Win
All pharmacy error cases are handled on a contingency basis, which means we will only accept payment if we are successful in getting you compensation.
Other Pharmaceutical Negligence Cases We Handle:
- Chicago CVS Pharmacy Negligence Lawyer
- Chicago Walgreens Pharmacy Negligence Lawyer
- Medication Error Frequently Asked Questions
- What You Should Know About Pharmacy Errors