If you have been injured due to a dog bite, you have the right to obtain compensation for your injuries through a personal injury lawsuit. A successful claim allows you to recover damages for past and future medical bills, lost wages, emotional distress and other losses that may continue to affect you long after the dog attack.
An experienced dog bite lawyer can guide you through the legal process, providing valuable advice and skilled representation every step of the way. Having the right attorney handling your dog bite case can make all the difference in obtaining the desired outcome. With a reputable law firm in your corner, you maximize your chances of receiving full and just compensation for your injuries.
3 Qualities to Look for in a Dog Bite Lawyer
A simple Google search will reveal multiple law firms all claiming to have the knowledge and skills necessary to help you win your dog bite case. How do you know which one is the best for you?
A good dog bite lawyer will have qualities like experience, trustworthiness and a track record of success. Here are some key characteristics to look for when considering your options and choosing a dog bite lawyer to handle your lawsuit.
- Experience you can trust. Experience is essential when looking for a dog bite lawyer. While personal injury is a broad area of the law, dog bite cases require a particular skill set. Your lawyer should have specific experience handling dog bite cases. Experienced lawyers are up to date on changes in personal injury law, and they likely have earned a reputation that commands the respect of the opposing counsel.
The lawsuit process involves making many important decisions, such as when to settle, whether to go to trial or how to negotiate with a formidable insurance company. You want to find someone you can rely on when things get tough. Years of experience with decision-making can make all the difference during critical stages of your case. The lawyer can use their experience and negotiation skills to get you the settlement you deserve.
- Personal service. Because dog bite cases can last from a few months to several years, having a good relationship with your lawyer is important. Your dog bite attorney should be responsive and willing to answer your questions. They should also keep you updated about developments in your case.
When you are focusing on recovering from your painful dog bite injuries, your lawyer will be a source of support. Additionally, they will provide sound guidance when you are feeling confused or unsure about your case. Having a compassionate, attentive lawyer in your corner will prove to be an asset when navigating the legal process.
- Proven track record of success. Your dog bite lawyer’s results should speak for themselves. They should have a history of negotiating settlements and winning jury awards for their clients. Consider testimonials from previous clients with dog bite cases to get an idea of whether they had a good experience working with the attorney.
Watch out for law firms that process high volumes of dog bite claims and churn out quick resolutions. An attorney acting in the best interests of their client will not accept a settlement offer unless you are satisfied with it. They will also be willing to take your dog bite case to trial if necessary.
Tips for Choosing the Right Dog Bite Lawyer for You
Choosing a dog bite attorney to handle your case is a big decision. Fortunately, there are some tools that can help you find the right dog bite lawyer.
- Free consultations. Some lawyers offer free initial consultations that allow you to ask questions and find out what working with the law firm would entail. You can gain valuable insight about what to expect based on their professional assessment of your case. The consultation is free of charge, and you are under no obligation to hire the attorney afterward.
- No fee unless you win. Look for a dog bite attorney who works on a contingency fee basis. This means the lawyer only gets paid if they are successful in getting you compensation in your dog bite case. Avoid lawyers who charge for their services up-front, even when they are unsuccessful in obtaining a settlement for you.
Contact Briskman Briskman & Greenberg
If you were hurt because of a dog bite or dog attack, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Get in touch with the experienced Chicago dog bite lawyers at Briskman Briskman & Greenberg to find out about the possibility of filing a personal injury lawsuit. We will evaluate your situation and advise you of your rights.