Chicago Workplace Injury Lawyers Firm Represent Injured Delivery Drivers
Over the past decade, the number of people shopping online has increased dramatically. Customers can now order almost anything they need online and, in many cases, get it delivered within a few hours. This offers customers an unrivaled convenience that would not be possible without delivery drivers.
Delivery drivers face many risks when carrying out the duties of their job. Injured delivery drivers may have many questions. Who was responsible for my accident? Is there anything I can do to hold them accountable? What if I cannot return to work due to my injuries? These are all common questions. At Briskman Briskman & Greenberg, our team of dedicated Chicago delivery driver accident lawyers works closely with our clients to help them recover compensation for their work-related injuries. With over 30 years of experience offering workers in all industries the aggressive representation they deserve, we are uniquely qualified to help you with your claim.
Delivery Driver Injuries
Chicago delivery drivers face a variety of serious risks each time they begin a shift. A few of the most common accidents we have handled on behalf of delivery drivers include:
Car Accidents: Delivery drivers spend most of their time on the road making deliveries. Of course, this puts them at an increased risk of getting into a car accident.
Slip and Falls: Homeowners and businesses are responsible for keeping their walkways free from unmarked and unreasonably dangerous hazards. Thus, if a delivery driver slips and falls on an icy walkway, damaged pavement or defective stairs, for example, they may be able to hold the property owner liable for their injuries.
Dog Bites: Homeowners who have dogs on their property must take the necessary steps to ensure that delivery drivers are not subject to unnecessary risks posed by their pets. Illinois is a strict liability state when it comes to dog bite laws. This means that a delivery driver does not need to prove that the owner was negligent or knew that their animal was dangerous.
Regardless of how your accident occurred, you may be entitled to compensation. Injured delivery drivers should reach out to one of the experienced workplace injury lawyers at Briskman Briskman & Greenberg to learn more about their options.
Chicago Workers’ Compensation Cases Versus Personal Injury Claims
One of the challenges Chicago delivery drivers face when pursuing a claim for their injuries is determining the right type of claim to bring. In Illinois, injured workers can ordinarily bring one of two types of claims: a workers’ compensation claim or a personal injury case. Understanding the differences between these two types of cases is crucial.
The sole remedy for employees injured on the job is typically a workers’ compensation claim. However, workers’ compensation claims are only available for employees, and many delivery drivers are legally considered independent contractors. Many delivery drivers are not eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. Of course, delivery drivers who are officially employed may still obtain workers’ compensation benefits.
Delivery drivers who are independent contractors, can pursue a personal injury claim against the person or entity responsible for their injuries. In some cases, this may be the delivery company; however, more often, the responsible party is another motorist, business or homeowner.
Determining which type of work injury claim to bring is not always straightforward. At Briskman Briskman & Greenberg, we can help you understand the differences between these claims. Regardless of the type of claim that best fits your situation, we will help you obtain the compensation you deserve to help you move on with your life.
How Briskman Briskman & Greenberg Can Help
At Briskman Briskman & Greenberg, we have a team of attorneys dedicated to helping injured delivery drivers recover compensation for their work-related injuries. We represent injured employees of the following companies:
- Fed Ex
- Door Dash
- Uber Eats
- Grub Hub
When you bring Briskman Briskman & Greenberg onto your team, we will take care of everything about your claim, so you can focus on your recovery. Below is a partial list of the things we do to maximize your chance of recovery while reducing the stress associated with the recovery process:
- Explaining everything: We begin every client relationship with a free consultation. During our initial meeting, we will go over both the workers’ compensation claims as well as the personal injury cases, taking as much time as necessary to ensure you understand each type of claim. We will also answer all your questions regarding the recovery process.
- Investigating your claim: After talking with you, we will have a clear understanding of your job, how you were injured, and what is important to you. We will begin an in-depth investigation into your case, looking for all potential theories of liability to ensure you stand the best chance to secure maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Filing your claim: We will not delay in filing your claim so you can obtain the benefits you deserve as quickly as possible
- Negotiations: When you hire Briskman Briskman & Greenberg to handle your case, we will take care of all communication with your employer and any insurance companies. Insurance companies rarely have our clients’ interests at heart and will often try to push low-ball offers on injured workers. We will ensure that any offer you accept is fair and compensates you fairly.
- Litigation: Most Chicago workplace injury cases settle without the need for a trial. However, if the insurance company refuses to offer you fair compensation, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial to maximize your damages award.
Reach Out to Our Knowledgeable Team of Cook County Work Injury Lawyers
If you have recently been injured as a delivery driver, the dedicated Illinois personal injury lawyers at Briskman Briskman & Greenberg can help. Our attorneys represent injured employees and their families in personal injury and workers’ compensation claims. We have over 30 years of experience advocating on behalf of Chicago workers, and we know what it takes to succeed on our clients’ behalf. As a part of the Briskman Guarantee, we handle all cases on a contingency basis, meaning we will only accept payment if we are successful in getting compensation for you or your family. To learn more, call 1-877-595-4878 to schedule a free consultation today.