Chicago Spin Scooter Accident Lawyer
Today, the world is fast-paced. Everyone is trying to get to their destinations as quickly as possible. The introduction of electric scooters has given people the freedom to move through their cities. Electric scooters can be costly; therefore, e-scooter ride-share rentals are a budget-friendly alternative. Users can pick up an e-scooter from nearby and park it at their destination. Renting an e-scooter is low-cost and convenient.
Spin is a dockless electric scooter founded in 2016 with locations in approximately 40 cities and nearly 20 campuses in the United States. To rent a Spin scooter, you have to use the Spin app, which scans the QR code to unlock the ride.
Riding safely with Spin
Spin has over one million riders in approximately 40 cities. Therefore, e-scooter riders must pay close attention to their surroundings. Often e-scooters have to share the road with pedestrians.
To ensure your safety, when operating a Spin e-scooter, the Spin rental agreement requires that you:
- Are 18 years old or older
- Inspect the Spin Scooter before riding
- Ride the Spin Scooter alone
- Do not use a cellphone while riding
- Wear a helmet
- Park the Spin scooter in a lawful parking spot in the upright position
Spin e-scooter accidents
Many citizens have concerns about Spin scooters blocking the sidewalks. E-scooters laying across or alongside sidewalks is a tripping hazard. People using wheelchairs, walkers and canes may not be able to maneuver around the e-scooters. Bicyclists may not be able to see the scooters on the ground from a distance.
In these scenarios, pedestrians and cyclists can get hurt. Their injuries may be severe, even life-threatening. If you are injured by tripping over an improperly parked Spin scooter, you may need continuing medical treatment, such a physical therapy, and other medical rehabilitation. Such treatment may result in numerous medical bills as well as time off from work.
Hiring an attorney
You may need to file a lawsuit to get compensation for your injuries, medical bills and lost wages. However, lawsuits take a lot of time and legal knowledge. Let a seasoned attorney handle your case.
Contact Briskman Briskman & Greenberg today, if you were injured by a Spin e-scooter.
Other Electric Scooter Accident Pages
- Chicago Bird Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Bolt Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Grüv Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago JUMP Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Lime Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Lyft Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Sherpa Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Spin Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago VeoRide Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Wheels Scooter Accident Lawyer