Chicago JUMP Scooter Accident Lawyer
Since 2009, Uber has provided vehicle rideshare services. It has over 100 million Uber users worldwide. With the introduction of the electric scooter rideshare system, Uber acquired and partnered with e-scooter rideshare now called JUMP.
How to JUMP
JUMP is a dockless electric scooter available for rent through the JUMP app. To start a scooter, you have to scan the QR code in the app or manually enter the ID of the corresponding scooter. This unlocks the ride, and you ready to head to your destination.
Riding safely with JUMP
JUMP explicitly tells customers not to ride on the sidewalk. They direct riders to use the bike lanes and ride on the streets.
JUMP tells its riders that safety is a priority. They encourage and instruct their customers on how to be safe while they ride, by:
- Wearing a helmet
- Ride on bike lanes (whenever available)
- Watch out for pedestrians on sidewalks
- Park the e-scooters in parking zones or in places that do not block public or private pathways
Faulty scooters and injuries
The wear and tear on the vehicle can cause the electric scooter to begin to break down. The pickup and drop off method from one location to the next makes it harder to check the e-scooters regularly. JUMP tells its customers to inspect their e-scooter before riding to make sure it is in good condition, and the brakes operate correctly
Even if you check the e-scooter, you may not be familiar with vehicle mechanics and not know what to look for. Injury on the electric scooter is still probable. Sometime, the scooter may not break until you are riding on it. This may cause you to lose control of it and get injured.
These injuries may cause you pain and suffering, and lost time at school or work. You may be able to file a lawsuit to get compensation for injuries, pain and medical bills. However, lawsuits are time-consuming and can be very complex, so it best to have an experienced and knowledgeable attorney representing your rights. Contact Briskman Briskman & Greenberg today, if you were injured by a JUMP e-scooter due to a motor vehicle accident.
Other Electric Scooter Accident Pages
- Chicago Bird Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Bolt Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Grüv Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago JUMP Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Lime Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Lyft Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Sherpa Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Spin Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago VeoRide Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Wheels Scooter Accident Lawyer