Having your own transportation is a luxury that many people are not fortunate to have. Electric scooter ride-share may be a great solution to traveling around the city. Grüv is an electric scooter or e-scooter ride-share company that helps to give riders travel freedom.
How to Grüv
Grüv is a dockless electric scooter. To use it, customers need to download the grüv app. To start the scooter, people need to scan the QR code in the app or manually enter the ID of the corresponding scooter.
Riding safely with Grüv
Grüv explicitly tells customers not to ride on the sidewalk. They direct riders to use the bike lanes. Grüv informs its riders that safety is a priority. They encourage and instruct their customers to be safe while they ride. Grüv tells its customers to:
- Wear a helmet
- Ride in bike lanes (whenever available)
- Watch out for pedestrians on sidewalks (if local laws require or permit it)
- Park the e-scooters in designated park corrals or in a location that does not block public or private pathways
Illinois does not have a helmet law that requires people to wear helmets while they ride electric scooters; however, wearing one may protect you from injury in case of an accident. Electric scooters leave your body exposed to the environment around you; therefore, wearing a helmet is the only form of protection available.
Faulty scooters and injuries
As convenient and affordable as renting an electric scooter is, it has the potential to break or malfunction while you are riding it. Using a ride-share e-scooter system means that you are using scooters that are used by other people every day. The wear and tear on the vehicle can occur quicker than if you were the only person every operating it. The pickup and drop off method of this type of ride-share means that the maintenance and repair of the e-scooters may only happen when they are not working correctly or stop functioning.
You may get injured while riding the e-scooter because it may malfunction. Moreover, e-scooter riders risk getting hit by vehicles around them.
Injury by or while riding a malfunctioning or defective electric scooter may result in injuries and lost time from school or work. You may file a lawsuit to get compensation for injuries, pain and medical bills. However, lawsuits are time-consuming and can be very complex, so it best to have an experienced and knowledgeable attorney representing you. Contact Briskman Briskman & Greenberg today, if a grüv e-scooter injured you due to a malfunction or defect.
Other Electric Scooter Accident Pages
- Chicago Bird Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Bolt Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Grüv Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago JUMP Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Lime Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Lyft Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Sherpa Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Spin Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago VeoRide Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Chicago Wheels Scooter Accident Lawyer